Solar s'mores are the perfect way to kick off summer fun and still keep it a little educational too… wink wink! There is no fire needed which makes this s'more oven experiment fun to do with all ages!
- X-acto knife
- Crayons, markers or paint to decorate if you wish
Steps for Making Solar S'mores
- First assemble your box if you're using one that needs it.
- Next, this is totally up to you, but I let my littles paint their ovens first. Painting, coloring, or decorating them is not necessary. Just adds a little more fun to the activity.
- Once the paint dried I cut the flap in the top using an x-acto knife carefully.
- Then we added the foil inside the box and onto the flap. Maggie was able to help me with this step. She's three and wants to be involved as much as possible.
- After that comes the fun part! Assembling the s'mores to be placed inside.
- Finally we added saran wrap across the opening to keep out any pesky bugs and set it in a sunny spot so the s'mores can start baking!
- Don't forget to enjoy them after they have a chance to bake and melt!
Literature to go with Your Solar S'mores
I love to incorporate fun books with activities like these!
Mini S'more Pies Recipe
If you enjoyed this s'more oven experiment you will love this fun recipe also! Be sure to check it out!
More Summer Activities
My friend Chelsea created an ultimate summer bucket list! Over 100 things to do! So many great ideas if you're stumped. Check it out!