I am not going to lie, I was both nervous and excited to decorate this year for Christmas. There is not a ton of room when you live in an RV. I was a little stumped at first. I quickly learned being creative and creating a lot of the decor yourself helps! So I wanted to share these easy DIY paper bag snowflakes.
What You'll Need
- Lunch Bags
- Hot Glue Gun (can use glue sticks instead)
- Glue Sticks
Lets Get Started…
- Step 1 Count out 6, 9, or 12 bags depending on style you're going for.
- Step 2 Add glue of your choice to the flat face of the first bag. Place a second bag on top facing the same direction and press down to make sure they stick together.
- Step 3 Repeat this with a few bags at a time. I did 3 at a time.
- Step 4 Cut the bags! Cut diagonally along the end of the bag. Add in any center cuts as desired. Test to make sure it can open completely. I did only 3 at a time so it wasn't too thick to cut through. Then I add another 3 and repeat steps 2-4 till I have used them all.
- Step 5 Add glue to the flat face of the top bag. Open up the bag and press it to the other loose end to form a star. Hold until the glue dries.
Have Fun With It!
You can easily create different designs by cutting different patterns and using more or less bags. I have also seen people add glitter and paint to them! I like using different color bags to go with my color scheme. The possibilities are endless! Paper bag snowflakes are such a fun addition to any space!
Check out this Apple Dumpling Recipe to keep the holiday fun going!
Don't forget to pin this for later!
Be sure to check out my friends Christmas posts here to continue the Holiday Cheer!
Did you miss these blog posts?
- Halloween at Jellystone Park Camp-Resort
- Cabana Club RV Resort and Cottages
- Solar S'mores Experiment
- RV Instagram Hashtag Guide
- 10 Reasons RV Living Is Not For You